Immigrant welcoming engages stakeholders from both the newcomer and receiving communities with an aim to promote health and full participation of New Americans in community life.
The work of the Initiative:
- Identifies and make accessible culturally and linguistically appropriate health and medical information in order to improve health services for new Americans
- Develops a trained volunteer force to increase healthcare access and promote self sufficiency among the newcomer community
- Provides support to navigate medical systems, ensures successful connections to services, provides specialized information and referral and outreach to the refugee community
- Promotes and facilitates links with NH’s Health Professional Opportunity Program (HPOP)
- Supports newly-arriving individuals to successfully navigate the healthcare system and to follow through on provider directives
For more information, contact Kate Bruchacova, Community Health Educator at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 603-707-5851