Health Topics and Links
It has been said that "when Public Health is doing it's job, it is invisible."
The health topics and links provided is helpful information for everyone in our public health region.
- EEE: This virus can be transmitted by infected mosquitoes to horses, other animals, and, in rare cases people. Follow simple prevention guidelines to stay healthy!
This can effect the respiratory tract (nose, throat, lungs) and can
cause severe illness and life-threatening complications. Follow simple
tips, every day, to stay healthy!
- Food Safety: Follow helpful advise to keep your food safe during and after a power outage. When in doubt, throw it out!
- Healthy Homes and Lead Safety: Keep your home environment healthy, safe and lead free. Follow some simple tips to protect your family!
- Lyme Disease: This bacteria is transmitted to humans by the bite of an infected deer tick. Follow some simple tips and stay healthy!
- MRSA: This skin infection can be resistant to many antibiotics. Follow some simple hygiene tips to stay healthy!